How to use
Rub on twice daily, from above your boobs to below your butt – front, back and sides.
Fit Skin Tip
The Tummy Rub is not just about the growing it is also about the shrinking back to normal size and maintaining your skin tone. Keep rubbing for at least four months after baby has arrived on the scene.
How it works
Mama Mio The Tummy Rubs are primarily designed for one thing: increasing skin elasticity. You’re gonna grow, you’re gonna shrink; and no-one tells you your skin doesn’t have to suffer – but it’s a battle and you have to fight! Your secret weapon is the continual and plentiful use of Omega 3, 6 and 9 to build your skin’s strength and elasticity.
What are stretch marks?
Stretch Marks are tears that occur in the dermal layer of your skin due to a prolonged distention and pressure, such as pregnancy. The pressure on your skin becomes too great and the collagen and elastin fibres give way. If you are wondering whether you will get pregnancy stretch marks; there is a genetic pre-disposition towards them – unfortunately, it is impossible to predict, until it is too late and you have them. Think about it this way: wrinkles around your eyes are also genetic and we all use the best eye cream to stave off time and minimise smile lines for as long as possible. We are trying to encourage women to think about stretch marks in the same way. Of course, as with everything, there are some who are genetically gifted and who won’t get a single stretch mark even though they took twins to full term (those are also the people who no doubt complain about having to eat to keep weight on!) but for the rest of us mortals, it takes some work and dedication. If your mother had stretch marks or if you already have the fine silvery lines of teen-growth stretch marks, you are most vulnerable. The important conclusion to draw is that protection is the best cure for stretch marks.
Omega 3, 6 and 9 (Essential Fatty Acids) are crucial to so much in our bodies – but we are unable to manufacture them ourselves – we have to either eat them in our food, or take supplements. So imagine we have a little cookie jar full of them, and when you are pregnant your baby is raiding your cookie jar to make some very important things (like eyes, brains, central nervous system!) and we will give them joyfully. But this means our omega levels dip to the lowest levels, which means your skin is about to grow 30 inches and face its biggest challenge when at its weakest point. Bad plan right? But by applying tons of the omegas 3, 6 and 9 directly onto the skin, you will give your skin the strength it needs to fight stretch marks and maintain elasticity as it shrinks back down.
Interestingly, Essential Fatty Acids make up 30% of the dry weight of your retina, and 20% of the dry weight of your brain… during pregnancy your brain actually shrinks by up to 2 % and this is purely the loss of Essential Fatty Acids. So by all means take a supplement – but your body has a hierarchy where it will send the Omegas and your skin is at the bottom of the pile. So by applying them topically, you will get the immediate benefits to the strength and elasticity of your skin. Continual and plentiful use of omega 3, 6 and 9 will nourish the lipid layer of the skin, helping to maintain the suppleness and elasticity. Research has clinically proven that omegas help skin elasticity and improve the very integrity of skin cells – helping your skin stretch and recover.
So by applying The Tummy Rub twice daily, we firmly believe that you are giving your skin the very best chance to get through pregnancy without stretch marks. And judging by the thousands of emails we have received praising The Tummy Rub to high heaven, there are a lot of mamas who would agree.
A word about our new and improved The Tummy Rub Oil
If you loved Tummy Rub Oil in the past, you will love our NEW and IMPROVED formula even more.
What’s the same
- All the powerful stretch mark protection and relief from itchy tummies as our original formula
- Our gorgeous light Gravida fragrance
- We’ve made all our Mama Mio formulas even cleaner and safer, with our evolved No Nasties policy. The Tummy Rub Oil is free from parabens, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance and colourants, xenoestrogens, PEGs, glycols and pthalates. If skincare safety is your concern, rest assured you are in safe hands with Mama Mio. Click here for our full clean skincare ingredients policy.
- New ingredient alert –all of our Omega-rich oils are now organic. We’ve also added even more Omega-oils like organic Sasha Inchi, Argan, Avocado and Coconut to give you even more strength and elasticity and the very best stretch mark protection available.
Amazing organic ingredients to give you amazing bump care
- Organic Sacha Inchi (Plukenetia Volubilis) Seed Oil From the Amazon, packed with Omega 3, antioxidants and amino acids.
- Organic Argan (Argania Spinosa) Kernel Oil Nourishes, moisturises and improves elasticity. High in Omega 9 (Oleic Acid) and 6 (Linoleic Acid).
- Organic Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil Soothing and healing, mega-rich with Lauric Acid, powerful Omega that helps skin’s natural immune system.
- Organic Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil Omega and Folic Acid rich, hydrates, helps circulation, increases collagen production, ensuring skin stretches safely.
- Organic Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil and Organic Olive (Olea Europaea) Fruit Oil Ideal for sensitive skin, soothes and protects, very healing, gives wonderful Omega-rich moisturise.
- Organic Rosehip (Rosa Canina) Fruit Oil Regenerates damaged cells to improve appearance and elasticity. Rich in Omega 3 and 6, Vitamin C and helps prevent scars.
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) Protects against stretch marks, speeds up cell renewal to help keep skin strong.
- Gravida is a blend of 10 pregnancy-safe, pregnancy-specific natural oils. Our fragrance smells gorgeous to even the most sensitive of noses.
And finally, here is the full monty ingredients list with extra info for the non-scientists amongst us:
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil
- Persea Gratissima Oil
- Cocos Nucifera Oil
- Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil
- Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil
- Rosa Canina Fruit Oil
- Olea Europaea Fruit Oil
- Evernia Furfuracea Extract
Pregnancy is a time of wonder but also a lot of questions. Relax, you are in the best possible hands with Mama Mio. We are the pregnancy experts, with a wealth of know how to help you through the nine month stretch. From stretch mark prevention to helping you get your pre-babe body back, here is everything you need to know...